Fungicides in Storage
Your best insurance is treatment to sanitize & protect against threats of disease.
Thermal fogging application is thorough & adds no moisture
PAA + Hydrogen Peroxide
About this treatment:
PAA (peroxyacetic acid) is a fungicide, bactericide, and algaecide that controls microbial activity on fruits and vegetables, minimizing product spoilage and enhancing shelf life. It is ideal for use in the sanitation of fruits and vegetables during processing and storage.
Post-harvest application controls microorganisms that cause decay or spoilage. It is used for treatment of raw and unprocessed fruits and vegetables. Additionally, it is used for the sanitation of packing houses and field equipment.
- Antimicrobial solution for sanitization and disinfecting.
- Low reactivity with organics and soils assures consistent dosage is available for microbial control.
- Successfully applied in all major processing steps including multi-stage flumes, chill tanks, coolers and various washing equipment in fresh cut, post harvest and further processed facilities.
- May be used in fogging on post-harvest vegetables.
- No pH control necessary—effective microbial control at acid to slightly alkaline pH.
- Broad applicability to all vegetables and fruits, both whole and cut.
- No rinse required.
- Rapidly breaks down after use into water, oxygen and acetic acid.
- Eliminates need for generation equipment, precursor chemicals and maintenance.
- Reduced labor, water and chemical costs.
- OMRI-listed for organic vegetable production.
About this treatment:
Chlorine Dioxide is a broad-spectrum biocide that is effective in controlling late blight and other diseases on potatoes in storage. Chlorine Dioxide’s disinfection and oxidizing qualities allow it to suppress the growth of bacteria. With approved labeling procedures, Chlorine Dioxide can be applied on potatoes, either as they are piled into storage or with the ventilation system during the storage season.
- Kills pathogens, preventing post-harvest decay
- Chlorine dioxide dry gas fumigant, produced at a controlled rate, mixing proprietary granules
- Oxidizes on existing moisture
- Penetrates cuts, wounds and stem scars
- Non-corrosive to typical surfaces
- No residue, no rinse required
- Safe and simple application
Chlorine Dioxide brands used:
|FruitGard™||EPA reg. # 79814-5||Learn More|