Pre-storage treatment effectively sanitizes & disinfects for storage-ready potatoes.
Tsunami is formulated to achieve a reduction of microorganisms, and is used in wash water in packing sheds and in humidified air in potato storage. Tsunami has a low reactivity with organics and soils, assuring a consistent dosage is available for microbial control. It controls microbial activity on fruits and vegetables, so product spoilage is minimized and shelf life is enhanced.
- Completely water soluble at active concentrations
- Promotes worker safety
- Fully approved for use in fresh-cut, further-processed, and post-harvest facilities
Promotes Quality Assurance:
- Low reactivity with organics and soils assures consistent dosage is available for microbial control.
- Successfully applied in all major processing steps including multi-stage flumes, chill tanks, coolers and various washing equipment in fresh cut, post harvest and further processed facilities.
- Tsunami is OMRI certified for organic production.
- No pH control necessary—effective microbial control at acid to slightly alkaline pH.
- Broad applicability to all vegetables and fruits, both whole and cut.
- No rinse required.
Environmental & Economical Benefits:
- Single product, ready-to-feed liquid; requires no precursor chemicals or on-site generation equipment.
- Rapidly breaks down after use into water, oxygen and acetic acid.
- Eliminates need for generation equipment, precursor chemicals and maintenance.
- Reduced labor, water and chemical costs.
- Controls fruit and vegetable surface microbial activity so product spoilage is minimized and shelf life enhanced.
- Sanitizer, disinfectant
Provides ultra-high, long-lasting, and broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity.
- Fungicide vs. Pink Rot
Effective fungicide control for phytophthora, downey mildew, pythium, and other labeled diseases.
Bio Control Agent
Bio-Save is an EPA registered, US-patented, certified-organic, post-harvest, biological-decay-control agent. Bio-Save is labeled for post-harvest applications for the control and prevention of disease on a variety of fruits and vegetables that includes, among others: seed and storage white potatoes, and sweet potatoes.