P7 Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
The P7 Drive is the variable frequency drive (VFD) system we recommend as the ideal choice for variable torque applications like centrifugal fans and pumps. Control your fan’s motor with this 500-horsepower VFD. The technology of this variable frequency drive will greatly improve the energy efficiency of your fan’s motor, and typically pays for itself in a matter of months. Even a very small reduction in speed will result in a large reduction of required horsepower. The P7 VFD has been designed to provide the features and options commonly needed for IVI fan applications:
- Factory-programmed and ready to run
- Designed for simplicity and clarity with the LCD operator display (and can be set to any of six languages)
- Easy programming of parameters, with free software to enhance parameter and date management
- Engineered for tough industrial environments; reliable with an MTFB of 28 years
- The variable frequency drive is provided in Normal Duty ratings with 110% overload capability
- V/f control mode, network communication options, and an array of input/output options available
- With an optional phase-shifting input transformer, it can be operated in 12-pulse rectification mode, reducing input current harmonic distortion
- Meets or exceeds power quality standards
• The P7-Configured Package provides a P7 drive in a NEMA 1, NEMA 3R or NEMA 12 FVFF enclosure, with space for factory-mounted and wired options, such as reactors, filters, circuit breakers, fuses, network communications and I/O cards.
• The P7-Bypass Package provides a P7 drive and 3-contactor bypass in a NEMA 1, NEMA 3R, or NEMA 12 FVFF enclosure, of sufficient size to mount and wire commonly selected options such as filters, fuses, network communications and I/O cards.