Our Service Technicians are responsible for the service and repair of ventilation and refrigeration systems. They provide technical support for internal sales, as well as customers. As a Service Technician at IVI, the skills and training needed can include electrical, refrigeration, and controls. Our technicians typically bring a certain skill set or area of specialty, but often expand that expertise in the course of servicing, troubleshooting, and collaborating with team members. That growth in versatility has many positive results, including the value of and contributions made by each employee. IVI has customers worldwide, but we are small enough that our employees regularly influence our products and daily operations.
Many of our Technicians have enjoyed the ability to see many parts of the world through their work with our customers. Our Northwest locations also allow a quality of life that is highly desirable, from low cost of living to abundant outdoor recreation opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in remodel jobs for the Sales department by advising them (after site assessment) on system upgrades to be used in specific facilities
- Provide technical support to customers by answering inquiries by telephone or on site regarding service or failure of existing installations
- Troubleshoot, repairs, services and/or replaces components
- Prepare service sheets for billing and/or warranty
- Perform start-up and testing of new installations
- Assist production/shop technicians in installations as needed
- Provide input for quality control of products
- Associate degree in electrical/electronics including process control training
- Working knowledge of computer
- Mechanical ability
- Customer service skills
- Ability to meet company driving requirements for insurance purposes
- Working knowledge of HVAC or refrigeration
- Current drivers license
- Recordkeeping experience
- Ability to drive hyster/fork lift
- Working knowledge of computers
- Working knowledge of computerized controls
- Knowledge of gas heaters
- DOT medical card – or ability to pass DOT medical card
- Ability to read and understand electrical prints
Ability to perform essential duties efficiently and accurately with or without reasonable accommodations.
Working conditions include inclement weather, excessive noise, moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, gases, chemical odors.
Ability to endure strenuous activity for long periods of time. Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, standing for long periods of time, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting (100 lbs. frequently), manual dexterity for assembly and repetitive motion (screwdrivers and other hand tools).
Ability to work twelve (12)–hour days for 12-16 weeks of the year.
Ability to talk and hear on the phone. Ability to see, read and understand documents. Sitting or driving for long periods of time. Lifting office supplies, seeing, reading and understanding documents.